Thursday, March 4, 2010

Inside the Belly of the whale



My Kindergarten classes have been learning about Jonah and obedience. I was trying to help the boys (my school is all boys) imagine what that must have been like and why God chose to do that. This picture shows my creation! The boys loved it! We all crawled in the whale's mouth, sat in the dark and I told the story. One little boy said, "I think I know why God sent the whale. It was kind of like a time-out so Jonah could think about what he had done and pray to God." It made me think of those times in my life that I seem to be in a holding pattern or things seem to have totally fallen apart, maybe God has put me in a "time-out" so that I will think, pray and seek. Only the amazing word of God teaches us a different lesson each time it is read.

No comments:

Post a Comment